MY PRECIOUS BROTHER, TIM (two days after surgery)........
(a recent pic of us three siblings)Some of you already know the situation about Tim but for those of you who do not.... This past month his sweet wife, Liz, took him to the E.R. with major stomach pains. Pains that were as bad as giving birth. He had been struggling for three days with this pain, well actually he has been struggling for years with stomach issues but not this bad. Well they determined that he had a blockage of the bowel and they needed to do surgery to figure out what was causing the blockage. Well in order for them to do the surgery they needed him to clean out the bowel, but he was unable to so they had to do a colostomy which is where they attach a bag to you. They then found, while being in surgery, a tumor, a cancerous tumor, so they removed it and sent it to pathology and found that this is what the blockage was. Well the tests have come back and he does have colon cancer. He went in again two days ago for more tests to see exactly where the cancer is and if there is any more and he does have another tumor on his liver. He is at a stage 4 now which has us all worried. But my brother is truly a fighter and although he has to start chemo and radiation soon, we feel like he is going to be ok. The Dr.'s have said that many people have had stage 4 cancer and have beat it and we think he will do the same! There is another problem though... he is the father of 8 kids and he has no insurance! My sister and I flew out to St. George last week and with the help of many people put a yard sale together for him and made over $5,000.00!!! It was such an amazing thing to watch unfold! So many people were so generous and just handed him money and so many others donated tons of things for the sale! It was such a humbling experience for us. I am asking for all of your prayers for him and his family! If any of you know him you know he is one of the most loving people on the planet!! I know there are so many who love him back too!! Thanks to those of you who already know the situation and have been so gracious to help me out with my kids while traveling to St. George. Your friendship means the WORLD to me!!! :o)
6 comments:
I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com real people sharing real stories about how Love has really impacted and changed their lives. Share your story, struggles, or testimonies. Blessings...
What a shock this must have been. I am so sorry to hear of your brother's struggles, and I will send up a prayer that he will be able to win the fight against this disease. The human spirit is a powerful thing, and your brother obviously has much to fight for, and a beautiful family to support him.
God bless,
Linda
I will keep Tim and all of you in my prayers!
Just read your blog. Wish I would've known about the yard sale, I would have been there for sure. We'll keep him in our prayers. We just celebrated my sister-in-law's last chemo. The room was filled with people who love her. She is now in remission and only has radiation and one more surgery to go. I know you guys will get there, too. Good luck to your family. It definitely keeps you close.
Love, joi
Oh my....what a strange thing...my mother is waiting for her results as I type this. She had 1/2 her colon removed last Wednesday. I will certainly pray for your brother. I know of two people who have survived w/ stage 4 colon cancer.....HE CAN DO IT!!!!
Tiff,
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother! I wish I'd known about the yard sale here, I would have love to come support it (and see you!) I pray all will go well with him. He's young and has a good attitude, I'm sure those things will help.
Love,
Amanda
Post a Comment