Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Easter is coming...

Aren't these beautiful eggs!! Of course found at www.marthastewart.com. I would love to make these and a bunch of other gorgeous ones found on her website. I think my kids would love to do this! Well it's finally warming up a bit here, YEA!! Anyone got any fun Easter ideas?? Please share! Have a great day:o)

5 comments:

jennifer said...

My mom introduced me to a couple fun ways to do eggs last year that were fun and easy....

Before the eggs are boiled, wrap them in the peel of an onion (red onions work the best) and then wrap the outer layers of the onion around the eggs and fasten with a rubberband or string. Boil as usual.... the eggs turn out with a tie dyed looking appearance.

Another option is to slightly wet a paper towel and place colored pieces of tissue paper on the paper towel. Wrap the egg in the paper towel and tie with string or a rubber band. Let sit for 30 minutes or so, and viola... colored eggs with no dye and no mess. :)

The Childrens Nest said...

LOVE THESE IDEAS JEN!!!! Thanks sooo much, I am going to try these for sure!

jennifer said...

I had just had surgery when we did these so... my memory may be slightly off.... try them out and see if they work. You may need to make some adjustments to the directions. Haha!

P.S. I have to give a short talk on "recognizing the eternal worth of others" any suggestions??

The Childrens Nest said...

So I am thinking you need to check on lds.org and look up eternal worth or divine nature. There are probably thousands of talks that would totally help you!

jennifer said...

I will try that... thanks! :)